Dyfi Architecture is a HESPR Registered, Quality Assured, Historic Environment, Conservation Professional Company.
Dyfi Architecture provide imaginative and innovative ways of renovating, extending and altering your building without compromising on what makes it significant. We take a friendly and informed approach to allow your aspirations to become a reality. We understand the whole build process from conception to absolute realisation. We have strong links with other construction professionals and trades.
Dyfi Architecture offer highly detailed specialist Listed Building Surveys, full architectural work stages and are experts in traditional building construction. We are a small dedicated Team with a wide range of Associates that we have worked with for many years. We are always open to hearing from those who are keen to discuss working or collaborating on interesting projects and ideas, if you share our values please email.
As well as being a highly qualified Architectural Professional (Fellow of Architecture), the founder and creative director Steve is also a Chartered Environmentalist and is on the Register of Accredited Conservation Professionals. He is also a Full Member of the Institute of Historic Building Conservation and leads our Team.
Steve Berry PG.Dip.Arch (AEES), FCIAT, CEnv., CIAT-Accredited Conservationist, IHBC. Founder and Creative Director : Dyfi Architecture Limited
Dyfi Architecture is a multi-award winning practice
- Chartered Environmentalists are internationally recognised as having proven professional knowledge, experience and commitment to environmental and sustainable best practice.
- The Institute of Historic Building Conservation (IHBC) is the UK’s professional body for historic environment conservation specialists.
- Steve is a Fellow of Architecture and has also been a Panel Member for Chartered interview assessments. He has presented lectures to University students.
- Recent published articles on Biodiversity and the Built Environment, and The Conversion of Historical Buildings.
- Particular expertise in daylight gain and renewable energy, with over 25 years wide ranging Professional experience.
- Approved Surveyor / Inspector for Churches in Wales for a number of years
- Dyfi Architecture are proud members of the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings (SPAB). The Society's principles are viewed as the yardstick by which building conservation is carried out. The aim is to promote the value and good sense in caring for old buildings whilst being practical and positive to change.
- English Heritage, Historic Scotland and Cadw recognise Accredited Conservationists who are able to act as lead Consultants on grant funded projects such as the Heritage Lottery Fund. Those looking to commission work on traditional and historic buildings are able to use those on the Register with confidence that they have a high level of skill and experience in building conservation, repair and maintenance.